Une auberge pour les admirateurs de Jane Austen, et bien plus encore...

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter

5 participants
AuteurMessage
cat47
Master of Thornfield
cat47

A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Empty
MessageSujet: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeSam 14 Mai 2011 - 18:40

A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Jane-a10

Un professeur d'anglais qui décrit sa découverte d'un auteur qu'il a d'abord négligée pour ensuite apprendre à en apprécier tout le sel, ça a l'air plutôt intéressant, non? Et puis la couverture est plutôt sympa. sunny

En tout cas moi je suis preneur, et ce d'autant plus que les Janeites semblent en général apprécier. Bonne critique sur Austenprose Arrow qui nous dit entre autre :
Citation :
Part literary criticism, part personal memoir and a lot of Austen doctrine, his prose is open, engaging and very humorous.

Le livre comporte six chapitres, qui passent en revue les romans de JA en évoquant également le cheminement personnel de l'auteur vers une plus grande maturité.

Présentation du livre et interview ici. Arrow

Courte bio de l'auteur, tirée de wiki :
Citation :
William Deresiewicz (born 1964), formerly an associate professor of English at Yale University until 2008, is a widely published literary critic. His criticism directed at a popular audience appears in The Nation, The American Scholar, the London Review of Books, and The New York Times. More often than not controversial, his negative reviews of Terry Eagleton, Zadie Smith, and Richard Powers drew heated reactions within the literary community. In 2008 he was nominated for a National Magazine Award for reviews and criticism.

His academic work Jane Austen and the Romantic Poets was published by Columbia University Press in 2004.

Gone With The Books
Ju

A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Empty
MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeSam 14 Mai 2011 - 19:55

Il a l'air sympa en effet! Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Selenh
Méchante Femme Savante
Selenh

MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeSam 14 Mai 2011 - 19:56

bounce Drôlement tentant, merci Cat. J'attends ton commentaire quand tu l'auras lu pour me lancer, je voudrais tant ne pas craquer tout de suite!
cat47
Master of Thornfield
cat47

MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeSam 14 Mai 2011 - 21:35

Pas de risque que tu craques tout de suite si tu attends mon commentaire. lol! Je suis bien décidée à le commander, mais je ne prévois pas sa lecture dans les mois qui viennent. D'ici là, tu as le temps de succomber à d'autres tentations. Very Happy

Dernière édition par cat47 le Dim 15 Mai 2011 - 11:14, édité 2 fois
toxicangel
Snails Huntress
toxicangel

MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeDim 15 Mai 2011 - 11:11

Ca a l'air sympa ce bouquin. Le fait qu'il ait été écrit par un homme ayant au départ plein de préjugés sur Jane Austen peut donner un témoignage intéressant et inédit. Very Happy
http://angelfr.over-blog.com/
Tatiana
A view from the past
Tatiana

MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeDim 15 Mai 2011 - 18:28

Je suis aussi tentée, mais je pense faire comme Selenh et attendre avant de le commander parce que j'ai bien assez à lire pour l'instant. En plus du témoignage de l'auteur, c'est un livre qui peut faire tomber beaucoup de préjugés sur l'œuvre de Jane Austen.

Master of Thornfield
cat47

MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeDim 24 Juil 2011 - 18:22

Une interview de l'auteur : Arrow

Master of Thornfield
cat47

MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Aoû 2011 - 18:03

Un autre article, déniché par Fée Clochette : Arrow

MessageSujet: Re: A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter   A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter Icon_minitime

A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter
Page 1 sur 1