Une auberge pour les admirateurs de Jane Austen, et bien plus encore...

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg

+2
marie21
cat47
6 participants
AuteurMessage
cat47
Master of Thornfield
cat47

Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Empty
MessageSujet: Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg   Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Icon_minitimeLun 07 Mar 2011, 19:52

Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Prom-a10

Je ne sais pas encore si je vais lire ce livre mais j'avoue qu'il me tente bien. Je trouve la couverture très alléchante, tout comme la présentation de l'éditeur postée sur amazon.

Citation :
Eulberg retells Jane Austen’s still popular tale of class, love, and danger both emotional and physical. Setting this version in a contemporary Connecticut school for the socially elite, and casting Lizzie Bennett as a scholarship student and musical prodigy, Eulberg’s story unfolds along lines predictable both from the original plot and the spate of recent “mean rich girls” novels. That said, this version does justice to Austen and shows up the utter silliness of kids rich in material—and designer brand name—goods, the moodiness of some males (not often mined in YA literature), and the ways truth can be hidden by both outright lying (on the part of Wick, the villain of the piece) and shyness (both Lizzie’s and Darcy’s). This makes, in all, a fairly delightful blend of past and present value systems and social expectations. For those who haven’t read the original, that will be the obvious next stop; for those who have, there’s fun to be had in forecasting how Eulberg will rescript each upcoming scene. Grades 7-10. --Francisca Goldsmith

Austenprose en a fait une revue très positive, qui a attiré mon attention.

Citation :
I really enjoyed this fun retelling of Pride and Prejudice. Eulberg did a fantastic job in creating a new story to bring to a younger audience and adults too. I’ve read quite a few Austen inspired novels (as chronicled here of course) and I wasn’t bored with it at any point. It was refreshing to read not only a modern adaptation of Austen’s work, but one that adapted it to a time that we all experience in our lives, our teen years. You can definitely relate to the main characters as they struggle with finding a date for prom, trying to get through finals, first loves, broken friendships, etc.

Je serais très curieuse de lire d'autres avis. sunny

Lost in RA Sunbae
marie21

Localisation : In a forest, halfway from the Peak District to Seoul with a stopover in Istanbul

MessageSujet: Re: Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg   Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Icon_minitimeLun 07 Mar 2011, 20:06

Merci Cat! Wink moi aussi, ce roman m'intéresse! Smile
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
nathy's
Feedle-Dee-Dee!
nathy's

MessageSujet: Re: Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg   Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Icon_minitimeLun 07 Mar 2011, 20:41

J'adore la couverture I love you I love you Et ça m'interesse aussi (si c'est traduit, j'ai vraiment la flemme de lire dans une autre langue Embarassed )
Cindy
Wartime Lover
Cindy

MessageSujet: Re: Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg   Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Icon_minitimeLun 07 Mar 2011, 21:00

Moi aussi ça m'interesse,mais comme nathy's si il est traduit. Laughing
J'aime beaucoup la couv' aussi,elle me fait beaucoup penser à A vinatge affair. drunken
Tatiana
A view from the past
Tatiana

MessageSujet: Re: Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg   Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Icon_minitimeMar 08 Mar 2011, 12:21

Je ne me sens pas trop attirée par le résumé, qui me fait penser au film remake de La mégère apprivoisée avec Julia Stiles et Heath Ledger, mais la critique d'Austenprose me tente quand même. Je le lirai peut-être, le jour où j'aurai réussi à faire vraiment diminuer la taille de ma PAL Rolling Eyes

Je n'arrête pas d'être impressionnée par l'inspiration que ce roman ne cesse de susciter sunny

Hungry Bookwolf
Natacha Rostov

MessageSujet: Re: Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg   Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Icon_minitimeMar 08 Mar 2011, 12:49

Tatiana a écrit:
Je n'arrête pas d'être impressionnée par l'inspiration que ce roman ne cesse de susciter sunny

Ce roman ou tous ceux de JA. On dirait que certains ont trouvé le bon filon! Ceci dit, je me laisserais bien tenter un jour ou l'autre par celui là!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg   Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg Icon_minitime

Prom and Prejudice, Elizabeth Eulberg
Page 1 sur 1